SideEffect Companion: Your AI Co-Pilot in Cancer Care
- GitHub Repository
- Created On
- Updated On
- Welcome to SideEffect Companion, your AI helper for cancer care. This tool helps you deal with the tough parts of cancer treatment, like side effects. We want to give you and the people who take care of you the help and information you need to make things easier. Everyone's cancer fight is different, and we're here to help in a way that's just right for you. We also keep your private information safe with a special tool called Philter; for your privacy, it remove protected health information (PHI) from your chat messages before sending them to OpenAI for processing.
- For People with Cancer: If you're getting treatment like chemo, this tool can help you know what side effects to expect and how to feel better.
- For Family and Friends: If you're looking after someone with cancer, the tool gives you ideas on how to help them with their side effects.
- For Doctors and Nurses: They can tell patients about this tool, so they have extra help with side effects when they're not at the hospital.
- Not a Doctor: Remember, this chat tool is here to give you advice, but it's not the same as seeing a doctor or nurse.
- Not Perfect: It tries to give you the right advice, but sometimes it might not get things quite right, because it's a computer, not a person.
- Keep Your Info Safe: Be careful not to share things like your full name or address. Research has shown that Philter can remove 99.4% of personal health details, but it's always good to be careful.
This app works well because it uses a really smart AI program called GPT-4. This program has read lots of books and articles, even ones that scientists and doctors write, to learn as much as it can about managing cancer side effects. The way it talks to you is almost like how a person would. Also, when people tell us what they like or don't like about the app, we listen and make it better. That's how we keep improving it.
The person who made this tool believes it can really help by giving you support whenever you need it, just like a helpful buddy. They want to make sure the advice feels right for you and that you feel understood. They're always working to make the tool smarter and safer, so it's a good friend to have during your treatment.